cracker: a bragging liar

~ definition by Merriam Webster

... I lie, I brag, I boast naturally... so please don't get serious about whatever I say or write :)

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blood Pressure

Went to see a doctor the other day, and I just can’t remember what blood pressure readings the doctor told me, was it 180/20 or 120/80 because I’m not well versed with blood pressure readings.

I went home and told my mom, doctor said my pressure was 180/20 and it’s normal, my mom was jumping up and down saying that’s so high… so I thought I’d better “brush up” my blood pressure knowledge.

Here’s something I got from the internet:

Blood pressures are now categorized as normal, prehypertension, hypertension stage 1, or hypertension stage 2. The categories are defined in this table:

Category

Systolic BP (mm Hg)

Diastolic BP (mm Hg)

Normal

below 120

and

below 80

Prehypertension

120 - 139

or

80 - 89

Hypertension Stage 1

140 -159

or

90 - 99

Hypertension Stage 2

160 and above

or

100 and above

Maybe I should get my blood pressure another test…

No comments:

Post a Comment