cracker: a bragging liar

~ definition by Merriam Webster

... I lie, I brag, I boast naturally... so please don't get serious about whatever I say or write :)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Me? A Potential Litigator?

Attended a client today who reads face…
the minute she stepped into my room she exclaimed I got very the aura of a righteous person and asked me if I take up court cases. I told her I am just a conveyancing lawyer.

She said, “What a pity, if you’d become a litigation lawyer you will be very successful!”

When she sat down she also said I must be still single, she said can tell… arrrrrrgh! So I guess I really have no luck in romance or marriage! Now that’s a real PITY!

Anyway, this is not the first time I was told about my being very “righteous”… I remember vividly what my Pupil Master told me once, that he thinks I am a person of integrity. When I asked him if this is a good thing or not for a lawyer. My Master said, it might not be such a good thing for a lawyer. Now, after 2 years plus of practice, I understand what he meant!

My “unbending” character some times get me into difficult situations of upsetting clients I can’t agree to… whenever I met situations where I cannot justify with my conscience or when I can’t tolerate “bad guy win” …

That is why I can’t imagine practising as a litigator…

No comments:

Post a Comment