cracker: a bragging liar

~ definition by Merriam Webster

... I lie, I brag, I boast naturally... so please don't get serious about whatever I say or write :)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Evening Primrose Oil

Age is catching up on me… and I’ve decided to take good care of myself for the ferocious year of the TIGER!

It costs to be a woman… a healthy and pretty one that is!
This is my first investment to better health…
a bottle of EPO capsules which I bought from Watson at RM52+.

I’ve started taking this supplement today… 17.02.2010.

primrose

Here’s how an Evening Primrose looks like:

The flowers open in the evening and hence the name “Evening” Primrose.

Evening Primrose is a North American native biennial plant.  It is found east of the Rockies to the Atlantic. Naturalized in Britain but found all over the world. It grows by roadsides, railway banks and waste places in dry open soils, gravelly places, meadows and old fields.

The flowers open in the evening and close up during the day and are strongly scented with a delicious sweet perfume which attracts pollinating moths.

The entire plant is edible, gather edible roots and leaves in spring may be frozen, gather flowers, buds and young seed pods in bloom, gather entire plant in fall and dry for later herb use.

The fruit is an elongate capsule containing many tiny reddish seeds.

Evening Primrose Oil is made from pressing oil from the tiny seeds. You can also grind the seeds of Evening Primrose and use them as you would flax seed.

Evening Primrose Oil has been used for decreasing the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol and by decreasing the risk of blood clots (decreased platelet aggregation). It has also been used for controlling symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), to reduce breast pain, to decrease symptoms of cystic breast disease as well as for skin conditions (eczema).

Basically a good supplement for the ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment