cracker: a bragging liar

~ definition by Merriam Webster

... I lie, I brag, I boast naturally... so please don't get serious about whatever I say or write :)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

From Pathetique to Moonlight

After one whole year of Pathetique Sonata in 2009… I finally can play one third of this piano piece from memory…

But now, I am thinking of another piano piece for 2010… the Moonlight Sonata also by Beethoven (4 page long!).

Always loved the Moonlight… right from the start with C# and the mesmerizing repetitive G# C# E… then to B… then to A#l F#  then back to low G#… as if there were this dark black cloud moving over slowly to cover the Moon… so the base representing the Moon went deeper and deeper and deeper… … …

The beauty of the music is beyond what my command of the English language to describe… I can only say… I so love Beethoven’s sadness!

 

PS: the pieces I am playing are the simplified version from Amsco’s Piano Pieces fro Adult Beginners.

2 comments:

  1. Beethoven's Moonlight sonata was not inspired by moonlight. And most possibly, Beethoven was telling his love to his 17 year old lover ( a girl ofcourse).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonetheless, I always imagine the moonlight when I heard this piece... maybe due to the Japanese anime I watched years ago (Kenshin) where there is a part where the villain played this piece on the piano under a moonlit sky near a balcony of a mansion by the cliff... that scene is incripted in my mind!

    ReplyDelete