cracker: a bragging liar

~ definition by Merriam Webster

... I lie, I brag, I boast naturally... so please don't get serious about whatever I say or write :)

Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Most Expensive Photographs of the Day

99 Cent II Diptychon by Andreas Gursky, USD3.34 million
(the irony is in the photograph’s title)

The Pond Moonlight by Edward Steichen, USD2.9 million

 

BBC’s The Genius of Photography changed my perception of what IS photography!

This documentary doesn’t talk about perspective, aperture, ISO or shutter speed! The world renowned photographers depicted in the documentary do not hold a sophisticated camera with extravagant zoom lens (those are for paparazzi)… just a humble camera (one even uses an automatic)… no zoom lens! What they care about is the content of the photograph… the subject they shoot… the story they tell…

A photograph that is at the same time a painting… a true genius!

Meudon by Andre Kertesz

1 comment: